SteriBeam Systems manufactures fast non-invasive sterilization systems with intense Pulsed UV or El Fields by for production and R&D tasks. It can be used for sterilization of pharmaceutical products just before packaging, or after packaging in UV transparent foils or boxes, for fast sterilization of cups, lids and so on.
- 4 to 6 logs sterilization in a few seconds per product, or per 1 I of a fluid medications including such UV resistant as B. Pumilus
- No harmful by-products produced in medications, unlike gamma, e-beams and other invasive methods
- Keeps all medications in-tact, while heat, gamma and other invasive methods ruin up to 70% of some medications
- Low production costs per sterilized product or per 1 l of a pharma or cosmetic product
- Does not generate Ozone, does not have Mercury in lamps, produce no EM disturbances
- Does not require labeling, whereas new rules in USA and in some EU require warning labeling on products treated with radiation and other invasive
- Fully automated systems with controls over the process, user friendly
PLUS additional capabilities:
|UVB-Photo-Synthesis of Medications or vitamins: It was shown that a filtered pulsed UVB light increases vitamin D2 content in mushroom powders in a few seconds from 10 to 1000 times as much. It is achieved by circulating shred or powdered products in Ni flow around UV lamp. Similar process could be used for a research for a photo-synthesis of other medications or vitamins.|
|top view of working UVC system for shred products or mushroom powders|
PEF for the extraction of natural substances: To be used in medications or in cosmetic products from vegetation cells by breaking its shells: this increases the extraction yield from 2 to 4 times as much.
Prime products are production UV Sterilization Tunnels, equipped with Pulsed UV flash lamps
Having the Tunnel in a production line assures a smooth product flow and guaranteed performance. Such a tunnel is placed between two conveyers: one with incoming non-sterilized products and another is to take sterilized products.
Our tunnels are equipped with the same power-control PUV modules as our fully automated PUV bench-top systems. This allows making an evaluation of sterilization processes before placing an order for the tunnel. It also allows to find a new or to adjust a known process to a customer current situation.
|PUV Production Tunnel|
The system does not produce disturbing noises, has no light escaping the system and provides a stable performance. It has build-in alarm systems to warn a user for any system failures.
Tunnel capabilities include
- Sterilize surfaces, also inside open cups, up to 6 logs from major bacteria and spores, including such UV resistant as B. Pumilus
- Fully (360°) illuminate by UVC surfaces of products using our UVC transparent conveyers for infusion bags, empty or filled in UV transparent plastic bags, also UV transparent syringes etc
- Support a product flow of up to 3600 /hour (one per sec)
- Can be made to meet clean room specifications
- Be equipped with product loading or advancing mechanisms
- Be equipped, when justified, with continuous UVC light (254 nm) lamps, or with PEF or with low pressure MW chambers (instead of PUV lamps - details on our website)
|Fully automated R&D PUV system||Semi- automated R&D PUV system|
Our bench-Top R&D systems can be used to find requirements on production sterilization tunnel or to perform a great variety of R&D tasks. It is possible due to a broad range of operating parameters of our R&D systems. For example, our fully automated PUV system delivers:
- 180° or 360° product exposure
- Pulse energies: 100J to 500J
- UVC fluxes to the product per pulse - up o 1.5 J/cm²
- UVC power during pulse of up to tens of kw/cm²
- Pulse repetition rates: 1Hz-5Hz
- Number of pulses per product to reach a desired UV sterilization: 2-10
Fully -automated R&D PEF system
Our PEF systems are designed to meet latest published process achievements, such as :
- Regulated pulse durations: 2µsec - 50µsec,
- A few choices of pulse shapes, including positive or bi-polar square pulsing,
- Pulse energies: 5J- 50J
- Repetition rates: 1Hz-100Hz (limited by power for each selected energy)
- Maximum power output: up to 2000W,
- Pulse bursts: 1-1000 pulses / exposure, or timed continuous pulsing,
- Two processing capabilities - for liquids with and without a batch volume, plus for jell or shred products in a chamber with parallel electrodes.
Our bench-top R&D systems are made in two categories:
- Versatile fully automated with the same operating parameters as our production tunnels,
- Low budget semi-automatic with the same pulse parameters yet with slower pulse rep rates, Pricing for both types of these systems are very competitive.